Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Steve Jobs Retires, What Next?

Just today morning i read the news about the resignation of Apple's iconic CEO Steve Jobs. I have never purchased any Apple product so far, probably will go for them in future. In fact the itch to get one has actually increased :) But anyway nothing is permanent in this world and everyone has to move on from one place to the another, from one position to the another.

Here's the copy of Steve's resignation letter which many people are terming as "iQuit" referring to the highly popular i-series of Apple products.
CUPERTINO, Calif.–August 24, 2011–To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know.

Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

Everyone is unique in this world and so is Steve Jobs. Hope Tim Cook brings his own aura and freshness to the Apple world and keep on bringing great products in the future too. Goodbye Steve!

3 comments:

  1. I dont think we would be saying good bye soon. We might hear from him soon through his thoughts and more...Have you read iCON? This book made me look at him and say "Wow!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Jobs Retires, What Next? http://t.co/mSBV0b7 #DVcamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Venkat for dropping in with your thoughts. I am waiting for Steve's official biography which is going to be launched soon. He's a man of immense charisma for sure!

    ReplyDelete